The Documentation required to be submitted by the NRIs are different from the resident Indians, as they are required to submit additional Documents, like copy of the Passport and a
copy of the work contract etc. And of course NRIs have to follow certain eligibility criteria in order to get Home loans in India. Another vital document required while processing NRI
Home loan is the power of attorney (POA). The POA is important because, since the Borrower is not based in India; The home finance company would need a 'representative' 'in lieu of'
the NRI to deal with and if needed. Although not obligatory, the POA is usually drawn on the nri's Parents/Wife/Children/ Close Relatives or Friends.
The Documents needed for obtaining NRI Home loans are Bank specific. General list of documents are as mentioned below:
- Passport and visa
- A copy of the appointment Letter and contract from the Company employing the Applicant.
The labour card/identity card (translated in English and countersigned by the consulate) if the person is employed in the middle east salary certificate (in English) specifying
Name, date of joining, Designation and salary details.
- Bank statements for the last six months.
List of classified Documents for alaried and self employed NRI applicants. Banks may have specific requirements apart from these below listed documents.
Salaried NRI applicants :
- Copy of valid passport showing visa stamps.
- Copy of valid visa / work permit / equivalent document supporting the nri status of the proposed account Holder.
- Overseas Bank a/c for the last 3 months showing salary credits.
- Latest contract copy evidencing salary / salary certificate / wage slips.
Self-employed nri applicants :
- Passport copy with valid visa stamp.
- Brief profile of the Applicant and business/ trade license or equivalent Document.
- 6 months overseas Bank account statement and NRE/ NRO account.
Computation of Income, p&l account and b/sheet for last 3 years certified by the CA. / CPA or any other relevant authority as the case may be (or equivalent company accounts).
Tax On Income From Immovable Property Selling / Renting